Creative Mending by Hikaru Noguchi
Mending your favourite fabric items―from jeans to sweaters to sofa covers―becomes a true art form in Creative Mending as mending expert Hikaru Noguchi shows you her entire range of valuable techniques including embroidery, patching, darning and felting.
Noguchi's basic rules of mending are that the repair should suit the fabric and its user, and that there are lots of creative ways to create beautifully customised repairs―some subtle, others making a statement.
13 fully illustrated lessons and over 300 colour photographs show you in detail how to:
- Apply creative repairs to both knitted and woven fabrics
- Use yarn, floss, ribbon, and fabric to reinvent well-loved garments
- Make understated repairs that add just a touch of contrast, color, or texture
- Use visible mending techniques for bold repairs
- Darn with felt to add body and dimension to a repaired item
- Match your repairs to the damage, the fabric, and the wearer
- Maneuver through tricky places like inseams and underarms
- And more!
Examples for all basic techniques, lots of variations, plus plenty of tips and examples provide you with all the guidance you need to rethink and repair beautifully.
20.5 x 2 x 27 cm