Life in the Making Quarterly; Issue 06 From Soil to Made
The latest issue of Life in the Making Series from Kat Goldin at Gartur Stitch Farm is a special edition collaboration with some of their favourite local artists and makers.
A collection of simple makes that celebrate creating from the soil up, with a variety of crafts and recipes that lean into the beauty of making with things that could be easily neglected - roadside weeds, discarded plastic, stinging nettles and sticks.
- How to Make Nettle Ink by Kevin Harrison
- Nettle Salsa with Whipped Honey Goat's Curd by Lucy Pattinson of The Fodderation & Fodder + Farm
- Dyeing Thread with Sweet Cicely by Jane Lindsey of Snapdragon Life
- Sweet Cicely Compote and Ice Cream
- Turning Vegetable Netting Into Cordage by Eilidh Weir of All That is Braw
- Artists Charcoal Making with Soul of Fire Charcoal
- Making Dried Flower and Garlic Braids by Kat Goldin
The Quarterly is 42 pages, A4 sized and printed on recycled paper. It features Kat's stunning photography and step-by-step tutorials to set you on your way to making from the soil upward.